Welcome to Mrs Curnow/ Mrs Thomas' online Learning group!
On this page you will find lots of things to do to help you with your home learning while you are off school. We will attach PDF files for learning plans. There will be daily Literacy and Numeracy tasks and a weekly Topic task to do every week. You can record your learning in your home learning book.
Below you will find some useful website links.
Parents/Carers, here is a recipe for playdough, keep it in a sealed container, it will last for months!!!
How to make playdough!
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
1/2 cup of salt
1 tablespoon of cooking oil
1 cup of water
1. Put flour, salt, cream of tartar in a saucepan and mix well.
2. Mix food colouring with the water. Then add the oil and coloured water to the saucepan and mix.
3.Cook over a low to medium heat stirring with a large wooden spoon.
4.Take off the heat when it forms a dry ball of dough.
5. Let the dough cool a little before touching, then knead the dough for 5 minutes until it is smooth and soft.
6. When cold put the dough into a sealed bag or container to keep fresh.
7. If the dough gets dry add a little oil and knead.
Use the magnetic letters to make the words you have to learn every week. This is how to use them.
Make the word using the magnetic letters, mix the letters up, make the word again.
Take a picture with your eyes and then hide the tray with the word on.
Then write the word once in your book, look at the magnetic letter word and if it's right, write it 10 times in your book.
Your Parent could count to 10 and you try to write the word as many times as you can before she finishes counting.